SIOLOON FUN CLUB
Please log in or register before viewing the unlimited contents of this forum.
Thank you for visiting our website.

by aLFFiaN.
Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Facebo10
SIOLOON FC on Facebook
LIKE or UNLIKE
SIOLOON FUN CLUB
Please log in or register before viewing the unlimited contents of this forum.
Thank you for visiting our website.

by aLFFiaN.
Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Facebo10
SIOLOON FC on Facebook
LIKE or UNLIKE
SIOLOON FUN CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIOLOON FUN CLUB

border=0

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
babyiemori69
CONTRIBUTOR
CONTRIBUTOR
babyiemori69

Female
Countries/State : Sabah
Tag ID: : SFC 09305
Number of posts : 1644

Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Empty
PostSubject: Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...   Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 4:07 pm

So you've decided those battery terminals need to be cleaned. If they are dirty, corroded or covered in calcium, then you are right! I am excited to present you with an easy how-to on cleaning your battery terminals. It is a simple and easy job that ANYONE can do, and you might just like it so much that you decide to do a little more maintenance. Which is what I am hoping! If you're bitten by the maintenance bug, you can learn some basic auto repair tips.
1. Head down to your local auto parts store, or get online. You need to buy yourself a battery terminal brush and some battery cleaner spray. It is also wise to invest in a cheap set of gloves for this endeavor, but they are optional.
2. Pull out that old toolset you've had in the back of the closet. You will need a socket, wrench, and possibly a crescent wrench. Once you have located these tools (or gone out and bought some), your job is to remove the battery cables from the battery. Make sure your car is off and they keys are not in the ignition before you try to remove them.
3. After you have removed the cables from the terminals, get out your handy dandy can of battery cleaning spray. Do not be afraid to cover your battery terminals and cable connectors with this cleaning product. It is made of an acidic chemical that will help break away the rust, corrosion and calcium that may have built up on your battery.
Back to top Go down
Kornurts
SIFU
SIFU
Kornurts

Male
Tag ID: : SFC 15951
Number of posts : 8256

PostSubject: Re: Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...   Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 3:26 pm

thanks 4 da info sis..sis,if me,juz use the boiled/hot water to clean the batry terminal...the calcium that covered btry terminal wiil be punish and clean..hihihihi Cool
Back to top Go down
bebiri
JUNIOR
JUNIOR
bebiri

Male
Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...   Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 6:24 pm

hi there,i just wanna share my 2 cents.

1.cleaning =use boil water same as Kornurts
2.prevention =
a)buy tht sponge thingy from parts shop(i dunno it's name),it's oily something like sewing machine oil,it prevents the build of calcium.
b)the metal battery holder would corroded and must b clean.Clean it with hot water,wait it to dry n spray it with spray can(mine i sprayed silver color).
c)best solution is to change ur battery to dry cell.(bateri kering).hassel free.

Dry Cell VS Wet Cell
a)life span: approx 2 yrs,wet cell would last longer.
b) maintainence : wet cell=need to add in water,dry cell= 0 maint
c)price: almost the same (try to buy GP brand.
Back to top Go down
Kornurts
SIFU
SIFU
Kornurts

Male
Tag ID: : SFC 15951
Number of posts : 8256

PostSubject: Re: Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...   Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 11:35 pm

bebiri wrote:
hi there,i just wanna share my 2 cents.

1.cleaning =use boil water same as Kornurts
2.prevention =
a)buy tht sponge thingy from parts shop(i dunno it's name),it's oily something like sewing machine oil,it prevents the build of calcium.
b)the metal battery holder would corroded and must b clean.Clean it with hot water,wait it to dry n spray it with spray can(mine i sprayed silver color).
c)best solution is to change ur battery to dry cell.(bateri kering).hassel free.

Dry Cell VS Wet Cell
a)life span: approx 2 yrs,wet cell would last longer.
b) maintainence : wet cell=need to add in water,dry cell= 0 maint
c)price: almost the same (try to buy GP brand.

bro,the oily thing that u mentioned is grease ka?member told me that put the grease on trminal btry can prevent the calcium..
Back to top Go down
keba
ELITE
ELITE
keba

Male
Countries/State : Kelantan
Tag ID: : SFC08063
Number of posts : 3981

PostSubject: Re: Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...   Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 11:40 pm

can use grease? can b used on both dry n wet cell?
Back to top Go down
bebiri
JUNIOR
JUNIOR
bebiri

Male
Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...   Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Icon_minitime11/12/2010, 2:04 am

Kornurts : nope dun use grease cos when ur engine bay heat up,it vaporize and smells like something burning (quite strong),plus it's very troublesome when u gotta do maintainence(adding battery's water or help ur fren jump his dead battery ).Grease attracts dust.Anyway YES grease do prevent calcium build up.

Keba:only on wet cell normally,but sometimes dry cell do have calcium build up but not tht noticeable.

Check on Battery Maintainence on this site..u can get anti corrosion spray or that felt ring.

##When the battery terminals are re-assembled, they are coated with Vaseline/petroleum jelly (grease is not desired) to reduce the rate of corrosion accumulation##

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/Fall2008/truck_batteries.htm

DIY:make a donut Felt and use Sewing Machine Lubricant(Minyak Licin)to damp it.

p/s: Felt:= a fabric type
Back to top Go down
babyiemori69
CONTRIBUTOR
CONTRIBUTOR
babyiemori69

Female
Tag ID: : SFC 09305
Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...   Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Icon_minitime12/8/2011, 11:30 pm

bebiri wrote:
Kornurts : nope dun use grease cos when ur engine bay heat up,it vaporize and smells like something burning (quite strong),plus it's very troublesome when u gotta do maintainence(adding battery's water or help ur fren jump his dead battery ).Grease attracts dust.Anyway YES grease do prevent calcium build up.

Keba:only on wet cell normally,but sometimes dry cell do have calcium build up but not tht noticeable.

Check on Battery Maintainence on this site..u can get anti corrosion spray or that felt ring.

##When the battery terminals are re-assembled, they are coated with Vaseline/petroleum jelly (grease is not desired) to reduce the rate of corrosion accumulation##

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/Fall2008/truck_batteries.htm

DIY:make a donut Felt and use Sewing Machine Lubricant(Minyak Licin)to damp it.

p/s: Felt:= a fabric type

~ Very nice bro..another useful tips for us..thanks for sharing anyway ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...   Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips on how to clean your car battery terminal...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top